Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 12:00 Noon
Besito Mexican Restaurant
402 New York Ave
Huntington NY 11743
Cost for this event is: Members: $30 Non-members: $35 Students: $20
RSVP by Monday December 16th
via Evite or call Jennifer Grano @ 516-812-1125 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Executive Committee has proposed some changes to the chapter by-laws.
The Executive Committee has proposed some changes to the chapter by-laws. These changes are being made to clarify some redundancies and conflicts in the by-laws and to ensure that officers are aware of their responsibilities. The changes have been reviewed by our Society Area and Regional Directors and approved by the Executive Committee on May 2, 2013. The next step in the approval process is this posting to the general membership for comments for a period of not less than 30 days. The full draft by-laws are posted on the Chapter Website for review. After the 30 day comment period the proposed changes will be presented at a regular chapter meeting with a quorum of 5% of the members in good standing. A 2/3 majority vote at that meeting is required to approve the changes. It is expected that this will be brought before the members at the September meeting. Please send any questions or comments to Bob Holthausen, By-laws Committee Chair (email@example.com).
- Remove Article VIII, § 3 – Redundant/conflicting with to listings in Article IX Qualifications for Officers
- Article VIII, sect 3;a;7 – Add “STARS” to annual report listing for clarity.
- Article VIII, sect 3;a;8 – Added as a Presidential responsibility; reporting newly elected officers to Society by May 31 each year
- Article VIII, sect 3;b;6, removed, redundant to § 7, vacancy in office.
- Article VIII, sect 3;e;10, Added Annual Dues Report to Society by March 1 to Treasurer’s responsibilities.
- Article VIII, sect 3;f;5, revised for clarity to meet Society deadline.
2013-2014 Chapter Officers Installed
Congratulations to the 2013-2014 elected / installed officers and Delegates of the Long Island chapter:
- Gabrielle Wilson, President
- Kristen M. Panella, President-Elect
- Thomas Buchta, Vice President
- Luigi Chiechi, Secretary/Newsletter Editor
- Kevin Tumulty, Treasurer
- Joann Robertson, Delegate
- William Kelly, Delegate
To Help Communities, Businesses With Hurricane Sandy, ASSE Offers Key Safety Tips & Resources
Women in Safety Engineering
WISE has been established to foster the advancement of women in the Safety, Health and Environmental (SH&E) professions.
EMPLOYERS: Stony Brook University's School of Health Technology and Management is looking to place EH&S students in the field – See Students Page for details
Are you interested in meeting new people in the field of health and safety?
Do you want to become more involved in local chapter events? Do you have a presentation idea or would like to speak at an upcoming meeting? Would you like an opportunity to demonstrate your leadership abilities and help grow the professional membership organization that serves you? If so, please reach out to Gabrielle Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Founded in 1911, ASSE is the oldest and largest professional safety organization. Its more than 30,000 members manage, supervise and consult on safety, health, and environmental issues in industry, insurance, government and education. ASSE is guided by a 16-member Board of Directors, which consists of 8 regional vice presidents; three council vice presidents; Society president, president-elect, senior vice president, vice president of finance and executive director. ASSE has 13 practice specialties, 150 chapters, 56 sections and 64 student sections.